I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Woven Paper Birthday Cards {Use Up Some Paper Scraps!}



I saw something like the pin below and thought it would be an interesting technique to use on cards.






Source: google.com via Erin on Pinterest



I've been wanting to try this for a while, so when I was going through my paper scraps the other day, I decided to give it a try. It was just as easy as weaving a place mat with construction paper as a kid with a little more sophisticated look. :-)


I tried to match up similar colors and was able to make three different versions. 





Here are a couple close ups of the weaving.


These were fun to make and a good way to use up some of those paper scraps! I hope you're inspired.


Pin It


I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.




6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the way this looks! We'd really like for you to link up at our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/02/riverton-housewives-round-up-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I just visited your blog and linked up at both of your parties. :-)

      Delete
  2. Very cool!!! I love the way it turned out... so creative. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday. hope to see you again this week.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic idea i found your blog via A Crafty Soiree #77

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!