I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Crochet Rippled Scarf

Welcome to my first crocheting post. This is not my first crocheting project. No, that will NEVER be something that I post for all to see...sorry. It wasn't a complete disaster, but let's just say it wasn't blog worthy. I have improved greatly with my "skills" though, so I thought this one could be shared. I got a lot of practice before Christmas time as I decided to crochet a few scarves for gifts. They turned out nicely as well, but I was in such a hurry to finish them and get them wrapped that I never took pictures! I made time this time for pictures, so here you go!
I like the way the ripples look with the different colors in the yarn.
It's a fairly good length too, so you can do a couple things with it.
You can wrap it around your neck once like this.
Or you can fold it in half and pull the two ends through the loop like this. This was also the first time I took pictures of myself to post on the blog, so I felt a little weird...

It was one of my favorites so far, and my cousin really liked it (it was for her birthday). I used the pattern here on lionbrand.com. 


Pin It

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.


6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm glad you stopped by! I'm excited to know about your blog...it's GREAT! I'm happy to be your newest follower!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm following you back. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute scarf!! Wish I knew how to crochet... or knit. I've tried. I'm TURRABLE. You on the other hand.... talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really not too hard and there are lots of videos and tutorials floating around that are super helpful if you ever want to take a crack at it again. :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity! I can't wait to see what you link up at my party tomorrow! I LOVE following you...you're so inspiring! Just a little reminder, my giveaway for 1000 free FULL color business cards ends at midnight!! Stop by and enter to wiN!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!