I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Kisses For You {Last Minute Valentine}



Looking for an idea for little Valentine's still? Well, have I got a last minute valentine for you. They're cute, easy, and can easily be personalized! Oh, and the best part? I've got a free printable for you at the end of this post.


My inspiration was this cute little valentine that I spotted at I Am Mommy Here Me Roar






I tried and tried to get my little guy to take a picture with those smooching lips, but he would not cooperate. I did get some interesting pictures of him, but not quite what I was looking for. So, I looked back through my camera and found this picture.
Yes, he's about to throw "Play Clay", but I could work with it. I used the cookie cutter tool in Photoshop Elements to crop the picture into a heart shape and changed the coloring a little. I picked a background, came up with our version of the saying for the Valentine, and came up with this:
It's not exactly what I had originally pictured, but I like it just as much. The cool thing about his version is that I realized I could easily turn it into a printable for you all to use. To download, right click on the version you would like to print and save it to your computer. Then, you can print it from there. I put mine in Word first, so my printer wouldn't resize it. It's not required, but I'd love for you to follow me if you do download the printables. Thanks!

I have a version with just a plain heart:
And here's a version with an empty space. 

I figured you could easily punch out your own pictures with a paper punch and adhere them to that blank spot. Or, if you've got a program like Photoshop, you might be able to add your picture like I did. The printables should print at six inches wide, so if you leave a 1/4 inch border around them, they're just about perfect for putting on a Ziplock baggie. I left a little extra at the top, so I could fold them over and staple the baggie inside the printable. I hope you enjoy the printables! 

Pin It

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I'll be be sure to share with you again!

      Delete
  2. this is so cute i found your blog via A Crafty Soiree #77

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!