I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Toddler Recycled PJ Pants



My little guy has managed to outgrow his PJ pants. Like all kids, he just grows and grows and grows...


Then one day I saw a post from Dana at Made for sewing PJ pants. What a great idea! I have lots of fabric I can use and her post looked like it was simple enough. I hadn't got around to making them when my husband ripped an unfixable hole in his favorite pair of PJ pants. 


The fabric was still in good shape though, so I decided it was time to try out Dana's tutorial and "recycle" those pants. I'm so glad I gave it a shot! They turned out just fabulous. 

My little actually loves getting new clothes, so he enjoyed them so much that he actually cooperated for a few pictures. 



Not bad for pictures of a two year old without a flash. Keeping still is a rare thing, so I'm enjoying these pictures of him. :-)

If you haven't already, you should really check out Dana's blog Made. She's got so many great ideas and helpful tips. Following her instructions made sewing these pajama pants a cinch. She even had a 2T-3T downloadable pattern! Pretty awesome.




Pin It



I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Dwell on Joy! I see sewing projects!!! {I have a new machine and am just learning} I'd love for you to come share your projects at my link party on Fridays! www.dwellonjoy.com

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'll be sure to stop by your party. You may already follow her, but you should check out Dana's blog Made at http://www.danamadeit.com too. She's awesome and so helpful for someone learning to sew!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing at our linky party. He looks really happy in his adorable new PJ's!

    ~Jenn
    housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Link Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!