I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, January 25, 2013

14 Days of Valentine's {For $5.00!!}


Last year I did the 14 Days of Valentine's from Ashley at Mommy By Day Crafter By Night. My husband really enjoyed it, so this year I wanted to do it again but change it up a little. I wanted something with a little less sugar (but still a little of course!) and with items that either didn't cost very much, I already had, or I could make for free...and so was born the "14 Days of Valentine's for $5.00"! You may even spend less if you already have some of the items I didn't! Let's take a look:


Day 1: Hand Print Heart Card
Make for FREE
All you need is some paper (lightweight card stock or construction paper would work great), these instructions, and the "Day One" printable found at the end of this post. I wrote a little note about "The 14 Days of Valentine's", so my husband will know what he has to look forward to.

Day 2: You're the Apple of My Eye
FREE (if you keep apples in the house)
Tie the printables onto the apple stem and you're good to go. You could also get some type of apple candy if you'd prefer.

Day 3: Matches with Printables
FREE
Print off these cute printables from Camille Styles. You can even get this type of matches at the dollar store. Score! I bought a pack of ten boxes for a $1.00, and had some leftover, so this one cost me a little less than a $1.00. Woohoo!!

Day 4: Airplane Valentine
FREE
This cute Airplane Valentine is super cute, fun and easy to put together. You can simply paperclip the "Day Four" printable to one wing until it's ready to take flight. 

Day 5: Valentine Jokes in Origami Hearts
FREE
Fold some of these Origami Hearts from "Describe Happy". She has all the instructions you'll need and several fun jokes to go along with the hearts. 

Day 6: You're "Sweet"
$1.00
I'd say this one pretty much explains itself. You can download and print the printables pictured at the end of this post.

Day 7: I Love Us 
FREE

Find a photo you already have printed and put it together with this cute printable. I sized mine, so that I can cut them apart later and frame them in 5x7 frames. 
The original post I pinned no longer has a good link for downloading the printable, so I created my own and you can download it here. You just have to trim it to the desired size.

Day 8: Thanks for "Sticking" By My Side (Chapstick)
FREE
I happened to have an unopened Chapstick, but if you don't they're pretty inexpensive.

Day 9: I Wouldn't "Chews" Anyone But You
$1.00
Buy any chewy candy to go with this printable. You could also do Skittles, Starburst...you get the idea. I went with this candy, because it actually had "chewy" in the name. 

Day 10: We Are "Mint" To Be
$1.00
Once upon a time, you could get mints for less than a dollar. Is that still true? I just bought what they had at the dollar store and didn't look elsewhere, so I'm not sure. If that's the case, though, this one could be done for even less than a dollar!

Day 11: Photo Postcard
FREE
Use a picture that you can print from your computer to create this photo postcard. I printed mine about 4x6 and then printed the postcard back on the reverse making sure they would like up with each other. 
You can download the postcard back here

Day 12: I "Soda" Think You're Amazing
FREE
As long as you have some type of soda can in the house this one will be free!

Day 13: You Make My Heart "Glow"
$1.00
Did you know they have all kinds of glow sticks at the dollar store? 

Side Note: We bought a bunch this past summer and had fun with them while camping. They're also fun on an evening road trip.

I'm still trying to decide how to "present" this one. I could just leave them in the package, but what I'd really like to try is attaching them to the printable in the shape of a heart. If you try this one, you'll have to let me know how you give it to your Valentine. 

Day 14: Valentine's Day Brownies
FREE
I'm going to make heart shaped brownies for my husband to take to work that day. Of course I didn't want to make those ahead of time, but you can see where the idea came from here


Need some other fun ideas?
I also thought it would be fun to send "Conversation Texts" throughout the day of Valentine's Day. You know..."Be Mine"..."I Love You". It may even be fun to send pictures of the conversations hearts via text.

We're doing our actual Valentine's date on another day, so I'm going to create a poem and a storybook for that day. Sound scary? It's really easy with these websites and FREE! I'm excited to put them together.

Here are your FREE printables for the 14 Days of Valentine's. The links to download them are beneath each picture and will be downloaded watermark free.

Download the watermark free version here

Download the watermark free version here

Download the watermark free version here.



I'm linking at these great parties:

13 comments:

  1. I found you from the Friday Favorites link up. You've put together an amazing list of cute ideas that are perfect for Valentine’s. I just started a new Saturday Spotlight Linky Party on my blog this week, and would love to have you stop by and share! http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April! I'll add your party to my list and be sure to visit.

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I found you through Whipperberry's Friday Flair. I'm your newest subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love all of your little sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots and lots of cute ideas. My husband would love anything with candy! Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Love your blog and your crafts are super sweet! Gonna bop a round and do some pinning:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really great ideas! I love how inexpensive they are all too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! Thanks for linking up to DianaRambles.com!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across your site on google! i love ALL of it! good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute and fun!!!
    Congrats! I will be featuring you at Wednesday's Super Link Party!
    Thanks for partying with me!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!