I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Recipe Thursday-Yellow Cake

***This recipe was recently featured here at The REAL Housewives of Riverton***





Pin It
As promised in my post here about my son's Cars themed birthday cake, here is my grandma's recipe for yellow cake. Keep in mind that I'm at around 6,000 feet above sea level, so you made need to adjust accordingly (less flour, more flour, etc).


Grandma's Yellow Cake:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 


1 1/2 cups sugar 
2 sticks (1 cup) margarine, softened
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup + 2 TBSP milk
2 tsp vanilla


3 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt


Mix together sugar, margarine, eggs, milk, and vanilla.


Add flour, baking powder, and salt


Pour batter in a 9x13 cake pan (or two round 9 inch cake pans) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.






Pin It


I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.

5 comments:

  1. Yum, I am looking for a yellow cake recipe to mix with a cornbread recipe. I think this looks like it could be it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how it turns out. Sounds yummy! Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. Do you have to use margarine or can you use butter. It should work the same either way shouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you use butter instead of margarine?

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!