I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, January 27, 2012

3 New Valentine's Day Cards

I pulled together a few more Valentine's Day cards the other day and here they are! Enjoy!
Hand Stitched Heart Card 

Pin It
I hand stitched a heart with embroidery thread, layered a few different colors of cardstock, and put together the sentiment, "i heart you". 

As usual, I didn't want to free hand it, so I traced the heart on the back of the white sheet of cardstock to keep myself on track.
Stenciled Hearts Card
This one was simple. I stenciled different sizes of hearts on the base and then added a glittery clear embossing powder to the smaller hearts.

Glittery Embossed Card
 I actually did a little free handing on this one! I stamped the heart but free handed the "i" and the "u". I'm still loving the brads, so I added three gem topped brads. For a tip on getting your brads to lay down flat, read this post.
Glitter Embossed Border
For a little added detail, I added a glittery embossed border.
Inner Sentiment
I added the sentiment "Happy Valentine's Day" to the inside of all the cards. I hope you're inspired!


~All these cards are available in My Etsy Shop~



Pin It
I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!