I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Monday, June 10, 2013

The End Is Just the Beginning

Where to start...

Let's talk about the beginning. The beginning of this blog that is. I started this blog as an attempt to help get my name out there, so I could possibly start selling my cards on Etsy. It was a business thing I suppose. The funny thing about business things is that they're not always that fun. You don't always want to sit down and spend spare time on them. However, I found myself enjoying blogging. I enjoy sharing my projects. I, surprisingly, enjoy writing. I enjoy every comment on the blog, every comment or like on Facebook, and get ecstatic when I see that something I've created is getting pinned and pinned over and over again on Pinterest. The card making became less and less of a priority, and I wanted to start focusing on the blog more than anything.

Then I began to feel God impressing on me to start blogging about more than just crafting. I felt I should be sharing more of Him and myself with you all. I wasn't sure how to do it and for months I just let it sit in the back of my head without taking any action.

Back in February, I finally wrote a more personal post about God's plans and not knowing them. It's somewhat surreal to read that post now after all that has happened in the past couple of months. About two months after I published that post, our little family started to see a little bit more of God's plan for our life.

{That's us on moving day. Saying goodbye to our home of 4 years.}

As we went through the process of packing up, moving, and unpacking, I started to think about this blog and how it would fit into our new life. Then I started to picture something a little different. A blog that isn't about crafting with a little God on the side but is about so much more than that. I envisioned a blog that's a little more about our family, our adventures and misadventures, our walk with God, our creations, and so much more. A blog that's about us taking time from what can be a crazy life to really stop and smell the roses. It would be a blog with personal posts, posts about God and how wonderful he is, and of course creative posts would be there too, because that's so much of who I am.


I suppose I could accomplish all this with "Taking Time To Create". I could just turn things in a different direction, but with the fresh start I feel like moving has created, something fresh and new is in order here too.

{We took this the weekend after we moved.}

So, I would like to introduce you to "Taking Time In The City". It's a new blog that will be all that I've described and more. We're determined to have lots of adventures now that we've moved to the "big city", and we're going to share them with you. I hope you'll head on over and join us!





"Taking Time To Create" will remain live; I just won't be actively updating it. Please feel free to peruse the archives for lots of great creative posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!