I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Four Flowers {Ladies' Card}

This is one of those cards that could easily be used for any occasion. You just have to switch out your sentiment. Mine is a birthday card!
 
This card is super simple with just enough detail. Here's how to make one of your own:

  1. Cut your standard white card stock base of 5.5 inches by 8.5 inches. Score and fold it in half to create a card 4.25x5.5 inches.
  2. Cut a piece of light green card stock 4x5.25 inches for your background piece. Don't glue it to the white base yet.
  3. Cut 4 pieces of white card stock 1x3.75 inches for your flower pieces. 
  4. You can barely see it, but I stamped a faint background on each piece of white card stock in a very light pink/peachy color.
  5. Next stamp each piece with a different flower in a different color. I actually only had 3 flowers, so I repeated one color and flower (the flowers on the ends are the same).
  6. Glue your flower pieces onto your green background piece. I started on the left and spaced them so that the space in between each piece was the same as the space above below and to the left side of the first piece. See picture 2 below.
  7. You should have some empty space left after gluing all your pieces. Stamp your sentiment here. If your sentiment doesn't take up the whole space like mine didn't at first you can use the ends of the flower stems to fill up that space. See picture 3 below.
  8. Glue all the pieces together onto the white base.
Picture 2
Close up of flower pieces.

Picture 3
Close up of sentiment.
There you have it. Easy peasy!

Note: I used the "Oh, So Lovely" stamp set from Stampin' Up for the flowers. The sentiment was created using individual words from a clear stamp set (I think I got it at Hobby Lobby)





I'm linking at these great parties:
Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday * Get Inspired Monday * The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack * Etcetorize * Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup * Ta-Da Tuesday * Tuesdays Cute Crafts & Cute Parties *Happy Family Times * Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out * Tuesday Tidbits * Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday * Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday * Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up * My Crowded Kitchen * Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party 

6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for homemade cards. I love the flowers that you added. The entire card looks great! I've pinned it to my Future Projects board.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I am your newest follower via GFC. I'd love for you to link this project to my part, Cooking and Crafts. http://www.jamscorner.com/2012/07/document.html

    Have a great evening. :)

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, another home run. I'm falling behind, I really need to start using all of your great ideas and make some cards! Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I featured this card on my blog. I love all of the cards that you make. You are very talented. :) Feel free to stop by and grab a "featured" button. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Simple yet elegant. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!