I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Subway Art Mirror


I found this mirror at Ace Hardware back in their clearance section one day. 
It was a little banged up, but I saw some potential. Plus it was only a couple dollars. Who could resist that? I figured I could paint it at the very least. 

Ace also had their Paint Pods (samples of paint) on sale for 50 cents! They're usually $3-$4, so that was quite a savings! I removed the mirror from the frame and painted the frame a blueish color. I got too excited and didn't take a picture of the mirror just painted, but you can still see the paint color below. :-)
I've been wanting to try out Mod Podge (can't believe I've never used it before!), so this seemed like the perfect project to try it out.

I printed out the different words for the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) in different fonts I found on dafont.com
I cut out the words and put them together on the mirror frame like a puzzle (once the paint was dry of course). Some of the words had to be cut into several pieces which added to the look of the mirror. I used the Mod Podge to adhere the words to the frame and then did a layer of it over the words to seal them to the frame.
It was a great first time experience with Mod Podge, and I'm sure I'll be using it again!

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!