I've been trying to come up with some ideas for egg fillers other than candy. One of the ideas I found was finger puppets. A lot of the ones I found were made of felt, but I wanted to make mine from paper. What can I say? I have A LOT of paper, so I wanted to use some of it up.
Here's the basic instructions. I used tacky glue.
- Punch two circles from the same color (The sheep was actually one white circle and one gray scalloped circle).
- Cut ears and glue in between the two circles.
- Glue the "googly" eyes in place.
- Glue the "snout" in place if appropriate.
- Draw the face and details with a fine Sharpie
- Create the pouch for the finger from a scrap of paper. I cut the paper into a strip, wrapped it around my finger to get the right size, folded the top over, and then glued the whole thing to the back of the puppet. I wanted the top to be closed so my little guy could use them without them falling down on his finger.
They all fit great into the Easter eggs too. :-)
Here's a great post with non-candy egg filler ideas or for more Easter ideas you can check out my Easter's A Hoppin' board on Pinterest.
I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.