I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Paper Animal Finger Puppets




I've been trying to come up with some ideas for egg fillers other than candy. One of the ideas I found was finger puppets. A lot of the ones I found were made of felt, but I wanted to make mine from paper. What can I say? I have A LOT of paper, so I wanted to use some of it up.


Here's the basic instructions. I used tacky glue.

  • Punch two circles from the same color (The sheep was actually one white circle and one gray scalloped circle).
  • Cut ears and glue in between the two circles.
  • Glue the "googly" eyes in place.
  • Glue the "snout" in place if appropriate.
  • Draw the face and details with a fine Sharpie 
  • Create the pouch for the finger from a scrap of paper. I cut the paper into a strip, wrapped it around my finger to get the right size, folded the top over, and then glued the whole thing to the back of the puppet. I wanted the top to be closed so my little guy could use them without them falling down on his finger.
Pretty cute!
They all fit great into the Easter eggs too. :-)

Here's a great post with non-candy egg filler ideas or for more Easter ideas you can check out my Easter's A Hoppin' board on Pinterest.

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute and thanks so much for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will be so fun to make! We hope you'll be back to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!