I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Dr Seuss-A-Thon {Reading & Activities}

 
In the past six months or so we discovered what so many parents, teachers and children before us already knew: Dr. Seuss books! Like a lot of kids, my little guy loves for us to read to him, but I was getting tired of the books we had and went in search of something else. I finally discovered Dr. Seuss! You're all probably thinking, "What rock was she living under?" I guess it was a big one! I feel like I've been missing out. I just didn't get into them when I was little for whatever reason. Now I feel like I have some catching up to do!

At the beginning of the year, I made it a goal to read all of the Dr. Seuss books we possibly could this year. Well, here it is a month into the year, and we're getting started on this little marathon. Would you like to join me? 

Here's the plan: 
Every week we're going to pick out a couple Dr. Seuss books to read and also plan some activities to go along with them. I'll post the book choices and some possible activities the Friday before, so we'll have the weekend to prepare for the following week. Sound like fun? 

I'll be borrowing most of my books from the library, but you can find a lot of them on Amazon too. 

Oh, but how will you know which ones we've read? I've got you covered with this handy dandy checklist:

I've listed all the books we'll be reading which includes almost all the Dr. Seuss books plus a few "bonus" books he wrote under a couple different pen names. 

Ready to get started?
Next week, we'll start with a couple classics: The Cat in the Hat and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back.
Both should be pretty easy to find.

Activity Ideas:
Cat in the Hat Snacks: here and here are cute ideas

And to give you a head start...
The week after next we'll be reading One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and Green Eggs and Ham.
Again, both should be pretty easy to find.

I hope you'll join us on our Dr Seuss-A-Thon Adventure!





I'm linking at these great parties:

Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday |  The Girl Creative | Destination: Cutesy Monday | What's In The Gunny Sack |  Made by you Monday | Make It Yourself Monday | Mop It Up Mondays | Make The Scene Monday | Make It Pretty Monday |
Tuesdays:  Show Me What You Got  |  Tuesday Time Out  | Tasteful Tuesdays |  Too Cute Tuesday | Tuesday's Treasures |  Trendy Tuesday
Wednesdays: Super Link Party |  Show & Share | {Wow Me} Wednesday | From Dream To Reality | Create & Share | What I Whipped Up Wednesday | What We Wore & Made Wednesday | The Creative Spark Wednesdays | Milk & Cuddles | Made By Me Wednesdays | Adorned From Above
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup A Crafty Soiriee | Creative Thursday | Taylor House Thursday | Transformation Thursday | Hookin Up With HoH | Creative Juice Thursday | Live Laugh Linky Thursday | Link Party Thursday | Taking A Time Out Thursday | Eat Make Grow
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays | Flaunt It Friday | Financial Friday Link Up  | Friday Fun Party | Friday Flair | Pity Party | Frugal Friday | Friday Favorites | Weekend Craft Soiree | Weekend Warmth | One Creative Weekend
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday | Once Upon A Weekend | Sharing Saturday | Dare To Share Saturday | Craft, Create and Inspire | A Pinteresting Party | Serenity Saturday | Saturday Spotlight | Your Great Idea
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday | It's Overflowing Sunday Party |  Cooking & Crafts Party

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We are doing a Dr. Seuss theme for our elementary schools PARP (Parents as Reading Partners) program this year. I will be passing this post onto my co-chairs in case we need activities. Thanks so much for sharing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Dr. Seuss books!! I'd be tickled if you'd link up at Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Seuss is the BEST!
    My kids and I love coming up with Dr. Suess style rhi=ymes in everyday conversation...,.

    thanks for this list!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun, Crystelle! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. So happy to see that you are getting excited about Dr. Seuss's birthday this year! My family loves celebrating each year with new activities.

    I am now following you on Pinterest and I pinned your Dr. Seuss-a-thon image.

    If you or fellow bloggers need another place to link up your Dr. Seuss activities stop by my Dr. Seuss Countdown post and link up. I'd love to have you:
    http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2013/01/countdown-to-dr-seusss-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!