I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Sunshine Award

I was super excited the other day when Susie from Earning My Cape let me know that she nominated me for the Sunshine Award! This is a first for me, so she totally made my day, my week, maybe even my month! Thanks, Susie! She hosts a weekly Super Link Party that's just awesome (here's the current link party which started today). She does a lot of crochet projects including this fun Sunflower Headband. You also have to check out her comic headers. She changes them up periodically, and they're so funny!



The Sunshine Award

 

The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to bloggers.  It’s for someone “who positively and creatively inspires others in the blogosphere." 

Okay, so here's how the award works. 
First, you should thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. 
Next, answer the following questions about yourself. 
Then, choose 10 of your favorite bloggers and link their blogs to your post.  Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award. 
Last, be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog! 
The questions: 
1.  Favorite color- Oh that's a tough one. I suppose I'd say it's kind of a tealish blue, but I don't think there are any colors that I don't like.
2.  Favorite animal-  Dogs. They're just fun. :-)
3.  Favorite number-  8. There's a long story to go along with it, but my nickname as a baby was even "ocho" (Spanish for 8 in case you didn't know).
4.  Favorite Drink-  I drink a lot of water, but if there's something I'm going to indulge in it would be chocolate milk. It has to be store bought though. They add something to it that keeps the chocolate from separating from the milk and also thickens it. I love the thick chocolate milk!
5.  Facebook or Twitter-  Well, I don't have a Twitter account (yikes!), so I'd have to say Facebook. 
6.  Good book or good movie-  Oh, a book without a doubt. I can sit down and read a book in a day if I have enough time without interruptions. 
8.  Giving or getting gifts-  It's so much more exciting to give gifts-especially if it's something I've made. I made a lot of gifts for Christmas last year, and it was so much fun!
7.  My passion-  Family. I love spending time not only with my husband and son but also with the rest of our family. We even have a monthly birthday party for my mom's side of the family to celebrate the birthdays for the month (it's a BIG family) :-).
9.  Favorite day-  The weekends. This is when we get to spend the most time as a family since we're both off work (I work a few hours in the afternoons).
10.  Favorite flower-  I pretty much love them all, but I especially love colorful flowers! My favorite place ever was a field of colorful wildflowers up in the mountains. It was like a dream!
My 10 Nominations:
(In no particular order)




  1. Melanie from Reasons To Skip The Housework
  2. Sarah from Blissful Bucket List (formerly from Dotted Line Crafts)
  3. Michelle from Michelle's Tasty Creations
  4. Kathryn from Destination: Craft
  5. Diana from The Girl Creative (she took a break from blogging April-June, but she's back! Her post about getting priorities straight was such an inspiration to me as I've been picking up speed blogging)
  6. All the ladies from The REAL Housewives of Riverton
  7. Michelle from delicateConstruction
  8. Abby from things for boys
  9. Sarah from Naptime Delights
  10. Anna from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Thanks again to Susie for nominating me!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! You're a sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing the Sunshine Award! Thanks for passing it along to Blissful Bucket list! :)

    http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... now I want some really cold chocolate milk! LOL!
    I enjoyed reading your answers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    Congrats on the Award! Thank you so much for passing it along too :) You made my day. I've been very busy lately and haven't gotten to the awards I need to post. I will get to this this week. I always enjoy learning more about each of the bloggers I've gotten to know through the blogging world and I loved reading your answers and getting to know you better. Thanks again for the honor. Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!